Monday, May 05, 2008

burger production night!

So, Michael has had this brilliant idea to premake a bunch of hamburger patties, so we have them at the ready whenever we feel like having hamburgers this summer. I thought it was a great idea, that it would come in handy when we neede a quick last minute meal. We were at an impass for a while, I didn't want to do it alone (I'm not a big fan of handling raw meat), and he didn't want to do it either, he wanted me to do it. Finally, we agreed to just do it together, and here's what it looked like:

This is Michael's method of making patties, one that I had never seen or thought of. I go through an elaborate process involving my mixer, muffin scoop, lots of wax paper and cookies sheets in order to avoid touching the raw meat. Essentially, Michael did all the work, while I washed dishes and gave him encouragement. He even mixed up the meat, adding some seasonings and not just the standard egg and bread crumbs.







Pretty nifty way to do it, eh? Our burgers almost look store bought because they are so perfectly round! Anyway, here's a clip of the man in action to end off with. We (this is the proverbial married "we") turned 8 pounds of ground bison into hamburgers that night, and they have tasted wonderful!

Posted by Picasa


1 comment:

  1. Looks like fun! I wish that we could drop by to help you eat those... mmmmm. Do you even have an actual BBQ? haha. We used to have a hibatchi, but I don't think we're allowed to use them on our apartment balconies!

    I like the compromise you worked out. I hate touching raw meat, too, so I always weasel my way out of handling it whenever Steve is around (and then I cringe when he touches the tap with his raw chicken infected hands... eeep!)

    xo

    ReplyDelete

hey! thanks for leaving a comment! it lets me know that people really are reading this blog!