Friday, February 01, 2008

obsession

Hello everyone! Ok, so I have again picked up knitting needles after a long hiatus (our tenants didn't even know that I knew how to knit!). I have been quite enjoying it. Sometimes it prevents me from doing what I should be doing, almost like an obsession or compulsion. I have knit a handful of baby hats for some of my friends who have had babies (not for myself yet...).
and also a pair of booties from the leftover yarn...
and mittens for me...
and socks for me...

I've recently bought yarn for a pair of socks for a special someone who will remain unnamed until the socks are made. I also have on the go a cute little halter top for my niece Cate's first birthday. I also recently attended a yarn swap where I acquired a few balls of yarn that I am as of yet undecided about. I also one a door prize which was some fabulous mohair in a deep purple variegated yarn that I hope to make a sweater for myself with. Michael has finally broken down and agreed to let me knit him something, a sweater that we can both agree on, but I haven't picked out yarn yet.

Anyway, you can clearly see that the knitting has become a bit of an obsession (I got to a knitting group every other week) and have even been passing on the obsession by teaching others to knit! Wanna come over and learn?

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous6:27 PM

    it is great that you make time for kniting you doing a great job
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete

hey! thanks for leaving a comment! it lets me know that people really are reading this blog!