Friday, February 15, 2008

Valentine's day...

So, this year we did something a little different on Valentine's Day, and it was fabulous. We went and served dessert at a coffee house fundraiser for a ministry that I think is just amazing. It's called House of Hesed, it is a place for people living with HIV to live and be loved by Christian people. Michael and I did this with a couple from our life group, who are really special people in our lives. We had a great time, almost better than trying so hard to come up with something romantic and cheap to do together (this usually leads to fighting anyway). We did do something else to celebrate Valentine's too, the day after... Michael took me to Cora's, a really cute country style breakfast/lunch restaurant here in Winnipeg (originated in Montreal I think and is making it's way west). I love going out for breakfast any day, but going to Cora's was even better. The menu is full of awesome choices, crepes, omelettes and waffles (some of which even come with nutella on them!). Anyway, we had a great time and enjoyed our food very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hey! thanks for leaving a comment! it lets me know that people really are reading this blog!