Tuesday, January 15, 2008

ice skating...




Ok, so this winter Michael and I had a new past time...ice skating. We managed to find my skates this summer (at my parents, where we had looked at least twice before) which had been missing since I moved home to BC in 2004. Michael also got a very very nice pair of skates for Christmas courtesy of myself and some gift money from his boss. (thanks Roger!) Anyway, since skating is free in Winnipeg on the river, we went whenever we could and whenever I didn't wimp out because of the cold. And, we skated in Austin quite a few times, thanks to Michael's Mom who bought a family pass for the season. So, guess what!?! I finally learned to stop! I feel much better about skating now that I don't feel like a mortal threat to everyone on the ice who might possibly get in my way. If you look carefully at the picture above you will see a circle that my skates made in the ice, that's how I used to stop, but spinning in a circle. Here's a clip to prove that I really can stop. (sorry that there's no river skating pictures...we are not very good at using the camera, even when we do remember to carry it with us!)


1 comment:

  1. Anonymous6:22 PM

    HEY esther that is so awsome that you learnt how to stop im so proud of you!
    michelle

    ReplyDelete

hey! thanks for leaving a comment! it lets me know that people really are reading this blog!