Wednesday, November 14, 2007

anniversary...

well, we have reached the 3 year mark. it feels well, shocking. three years has been so long and yet so short, to think we'll be spending another 50 years together if we live to be 77 and hopefully even longer! it's hard to imagine what we'll be like in 50 years! this past year of married life has had it rocky spots, as we adjusted to our new 8-5 lifestyle, but we're getting used to each other in the new routines. I think in some ways, this is what it must be like in the first year of marriage for most other people. We spent ours in a truck, which is a whole different type of getting used to each other! At the end of the day, we both still kiss each other goodnight and say 'I love you.' To celebrate our anniversary this year we went to Celebrations Dinner Theatre. The show was called Frasier: the College Years. It was a pretty cool experience, neither one of us had ever gone before. The place seats about 400 people and has a center stage, with two side stages, so you feel somewhat surrounded by the set. The food was pretty good, although anything good suffers when you're doing it for that large of a crowd. All of the servers were part of the acting crew, we had some good laughs with the crazy characters we met. At the end of the night they hauled up all the people who had a birthday that day and made them do the hokey pokey. Then they called up anyone who was celebrating an anniversary, and because we were at a table with friends ( who chanted and heckled until we no choice but to go up) we got to waltz on stage in front of 400 people! For the record: Michael and I both do not know how to dance, let along waltz. In the words of our pastor on the way out, "nice mennonite waltz!" I'm kind of glad I don't have pictures of this to prove it! Thank you Michael for a special day to celebrate 3 years of being together! The very same night we got a phone call at around 11pm from my Dad, who told us that my sister was in the hospital in diabetic shock. that was a really unexpected phone call! I didn't sleep much that night because my mind was racing about the possible implications of this. Since I am writing in hindsight, I'll tell you that my sister spent a week in the hospital and came home, everything is going well, she's healthy and started a new job shortly after this incident.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hey! thanks for leaving a comment! it lets me know that people really are reading this blog!