I have tackled a few organizing projects, one being to find a good place for our dirty laundry hamper. It used to be in the spare room, but when we had company then it had to go into our office (which really didn't have room). It was just annoying. I know that you are all thinking the logical place would be in our bedroom, but there isn't room. We have a king sized bed...that means there is enough space (like 3 feet) to walk around our bed on the three sides that are not against the wall and that's it. Luckily we have a big closet, because our dresser went inside it. Anyway, I also have learned to be a bit compulsive when it comes to sorting laundry, so I wanted a place where I could sort whites, darks, light colors and reds. I know the reds part seems especially silly, but Michael and I own a lot of red, so it's not hard to get a load of entirely red items. We have three linen size closets in our hallway, one of which had never been given a designated purpose...it became the catch all. I cleaned it out and got some stacking bins to convert it into our laundry closet. Now I have the laundry, stain remover, iron, ironing board and spare sheets & pillows all in one place!
Finally, and probably the most exciting one is the garage. It's been cleaned up to the point where we can actually fit both cars inside! We have never been able to do that, not even the night we got possession (because we painted the garage floor till 3 am that night). Michael had been promising me to do this for a long long time. We even had a few fights over it, especially because I didn't think he could do it. I was wrong, because it's done and it looks fabulous! We actually struck a deal, his job was to clean it up and get it looking decent and make space for the cars, and now I get to direct the sorting and organizing things part of the project, so that we can easily find things. At the end we'll both be happy. (actually Michael is already happy, he doesn't need to be able to find things easily he just needs to have them, I don't need to have as much stuff, but what I have I need to be able to find)
No comments:
Post a Comment
hey! thanks for leaving a comment! it lets me know that people really are reading this blog!