Tuesday, February 22, 2011

the way home from Calgary

My way home from Calgary was anything but uneventful. I got to the airport, tried to check in at the kiosk and it didn't work. Stood in line to do it with a person after the helpful Westjet staff also tried at the kiosk and couldn't get it to work. While waiting, Malann pulled up my reservation on her phone. That is when we discovered that according to my reservation I was exactly one month early for my flight!

I cannot believe I did such a crazy thing, but I did. So, I asked for options and flying out that day was not one of them (it happened to be the new February stat holiday). Instead I rebooked for the following day. Then I called Michael to let him know I wouldn't be coming home.

He is a dispatcher, and it just so happened that one of his drivers was in Calgary, and not just any driver, his Dad. So, he asked if I wanted to ride with Dad. I said sure, why not? So, I cancelled my flight, got a travel credit and got dropped off at a truck stop instead of the airport.

The wonderful thing about this was extra knitting time, and space to wind a ball of yarn:

P1050077.JPG P1050078.jpg P1050079.JPG

This is the sample knitting I did on the road. Trying to decide what would look good with this yarn.

Dad's load delivered in Portage. My dispatcher husband couldn't just leave me stranded there or come pick me up, he managed to arrange a ride from there right to my door with our neighbour & friend, Ben.

P1050081.JPG

Ben wanted to check the mail in his hometown on the way home. This is the post office there. He thinks it's gotta be one of the smallest. I thought it looked pretty cute.

26 hours later than planned, I arrived home, tired, but with a travel credit for next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

hey! thanks for leaving a comment! it lets me know that people really are reading this blog!