As many of you know, raw meat is not my favourite thing to work with. We have a lot of stew meat in our freezer left from our last bulk beef purchase. Everything else is gone. I don't use stew meat all the often, especially now as summer approaches. So, since I have a meat grinder attachment for my kitchen aid, I decided we should try it. Michael was a great sport and joined me so I wouldn't have to do the disgusting parts (ie: touch the meat).

Ew, look at that hand digging into that raw meat!

We ended up grinding a little more than I wanted to cook, so we put it into containers and into the freezer (with the chopped onions on top). Next time I want ground beef I just dump it into the pan! Awesome!
I also set about using some of the frozen BC fruit in my freezer (thanks again Dad for doing that!). I made raspberry jelly (only the second time I've ever made jelly). It turned out quite nicely, and is so worth it (I hate raspberry seeds stuck in my teeth when I eat my toast, don't you?).

No comments:
Post a Comment
hey! thanks for leaving a comment! it lets me know that people really are reading this blog!