I read a knitting blog called The Yarn Harlot. She's funny, and occasionally she says things that totally echo my own thoughts. If you have the time, please do click through and read it.
In knitting news in my own life, I finally finished Sofia's dress, which you can see in the previous post.
I've also finally finished a few little cozys that I now need to felt. My ipod nano, the cast iron frying pan cozy and another ipod touch cozy. Which was finished, but I asked Michael to bring me the bag that it was in from the other end of the house. Sadly, the project was on the table, and the ball of yarn it was still attached to was in the bag. He didn't notice this. The project stayed at the far end of the house, and the bag arrived with a trail of yarn behind it. I had cast off and pulled a long loop through, but my scissor was no where to be found, so I just left it. When Michael walked away the loop came loose and the cast off edge unravelled and then several rows of the knitting itself. Sigh. I threatened to make Michael learn to knit just so he could repair the damage, but it didn't work.

I also have to finish a pair of phentex slippers. These have a deadline, let's just say it's a guilt deadline. I traded hand made things with a friend, and I have my hand made thing, she's still waiting for these.

When those are done, I think I will reward myself by starting a pair of socks from my sheeples yarn. I knit a swatch way back, thinking I would try making a striped sock, what do you think?

I'm still working on my ferns & leaves cashmere scarf.

Then there's some repairs that I'm supposed to do to Cate's summer dress (the blue on from last year). It kinda seems too late now, she's grown so much.
No comments:
Post a Comment
hey! thanks for leaving a comment! it lets me know that people really are reading this blog!