This year I made paska again, on Thursday before Bad Friday, it sort of hadn't occurred to me until last minute, because I was so busy with school. Anyway, I called Oma this time, to avoid any further mishaps like last year, and got some instructions and double checked my recipe. Turns out, it is supposed to be a soft, sticky dough (not like bread). It turned out much better!
We didn't have an Easter dinner at our place this year, but we had a big family gathering at Michael's parents place. It was really great. There was extra people compared to the usual 7. Grandma & Grandpa Peters were in from Ontario, Unlce Isaac was there as well as great-aunt Lisa. We had a big Easter hunt, which was a lot of fun, and reminded me of the Loewen hunts we used to have.
We didn't have an Easter dinner at our place this year, but we had a big family gathering at Michael's parents place. It was really great. There was extra people compared to the usual 7. Grandma & Grandpa Peters were in from Ontario, Unlce Isaac was there as well as great-aunt Lisa. We had a big Easter hunt, which was a lot of fun, and reminded me of the Loewen hunts we used to have.
{I've been waiting to post this until I got some pictures from the rest of the clan, because of course we didn't take any of our own, but it seems no one had their camera out for the actual hunt, but here's some standard hanging out pics and a "tischbild" }

This is Cate, and the only evidence I have that we had an Easter Hunt.
The "tisch bild" (this means table picture directly translated, and it is something that my Oma Friesen almost always asks for at a family gathering, it's become a bit of a legend.)
No comments:
Post a Comment
hey! thanks for leaving a comment! it lets me know that people really are reading this blog!