Tuesday, August 14, 2007

card making...

One of the things on my to do list this summer was work at making cards so that I would have a stash ready for the times when I'm busy during the school year and need a card ASAP. I know to some of you this is totally normal and common sense, but I've always found it hard to make cards without a person in mind for the inspiration. I also acquired some "new to me" slightly used stamp sets with some birthday money (thanks Dad!) I think they will pay for themselves quite quickly! So, here's samples from my first attempt (I have to confess that these are all borrowed ideas).



I was trying really hard to make some "manly" cards, that's why there's so many with leaves on them. I figured a guy could appreciate a leaf better than a flower or butterfly, but Michael informed me that guys don't give two hoots about leaves. According to Michael manly cards would have wheels and chrome and trucks and tools on them. Thus far, I haven't discovered or invested in such a stamp set, does one even exist?

1 comment:

  1. Hi Esther! I like you cards! They are both beautiful and manly at the same time! :) You're talent is evident. I wish you were still close by so we could make cards together!

    ReplyDelete

hey! thanks for leaving a comment! it lets me know that people really are reading this blog!