Saturday, February 10, 2007
too soft...
Hi! I need your help with something. Michael had almost forgotten about the lights deadline, but he was reminded in an email we got from a friend, who commented about the lights. Anyway, he asked me for an extension because it's been so cold, too cold to be outside sorting them out (it has been around -30 before windchill for a couple of week, with wind it's dropped as low as -45). Our garage is not insulated, so it's just as cold in there as it is outside (I store my baking in there to keep it frozen). What do you think? Do I give him an extension or not? :) Post a comment, tell us what you think!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
hmmm.....have you been procrastinating?? Don't you have a garage that you could be sorting in? Sounds to me like you just forgot about them and now all of a sudden you want a little more time....if they were so important you would have remembered and got them done by now.....am i right? the other thing - if you forgot you had them already, how are you going to remember that you have them by next Christmas???
ReplyDeleteStick to your guns Esther and buy some big garbage bags!!
Love you guys - have fun sorting this out:)
I say no extension! If you can't find time to sort them and ship them off to people who might need them, why not dump them at the MCC or Value Village? I don't advocate throwing them away, though, that's a lot of lights... think of the environment and the waste! Shame on those terrible people who dumped their trees full of lights. Terrible! So if a thrift store donation isn't an option for whatever reason, then you need to keep them, in my opinion. But isn't there some church that could use a storage of lights? Or some woman like my mother in law who keeps copious amounts of christmas lights for no apparent reason?
ReplyDeleteHey Michael and Esther! Those lights are a good find. Have you tested to see if they work? My opinion is no time extension...the deadline is still 10 days away, right? The weather could break, or you could get a space heater for the garage. I think a 30 day timeframe to sort the lights is plenty! Happy detangling! :)
ReplyDeleteAnyway, I was just going to say that I can totally identify with you wanting to throw the Christmas tree lights out. I myself find great pleasure in throwing out thigs un-needed. So I hope the lights situation works out for you two! ha ha.
ReplyDelete